Monday, November 3, 2008

Childrens books

So, I decided to start writing and illustrating books for my babies. Nothing big, but I think it'd be fun. I wrote my first one this morning. It's called "My Dads Got A Monster."

eh-hemm. Here we go....

My Dad's Got a Monster- who's giant and hairy.
Sometimes he's friendly,
But sometimes he's scary.

He hangs out alot and he tries to be funny.
But Daddy's friend "Monster",
Takes all our money.

My Dad's got a monster that takes all his time.
I try and I try
To explain that he's mine.

He makes my Dad lazy and he acts like a slouch.
When the monsters around,
They just sit on the couch.

My Dad's got a monster. He says, "He's so fun!".
But we want to hang out too-
We're your daughter and son.

When he's not working, the monsters a must.
"We want to play, Daddy!",
But there's no time for us.

My Dad's got a monster- He always brings drama.
He's rude and he stinks
And he's mean to our Momma.

He yells and he shouts and his attitudes grim.
He says it's the monster,
But we know that it's him.

My Dad's got a monster. He just has to go,
He's no longer welcome
Because Momma said so.

He's taking our Daddy, and we're making it clear.
You don't have to go home Monster.
But you sure can't stay here.

My Dad's got a monster... But he's making him pack.
Our Dad's a good Daddy
And we all want him back.

It's OK Daddy- Just try to be strong.
I'm sorry, my babies,
It was him all along.

My Dad HAD a monster that he bought at the store.
My Dad loved that monster,
But my Dad loves us more.

2 comments:

Abby said...

Awww, don't make me cry.. I just woke up!

Hannah said...

Awww! That's so heartbreaking Micah