Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Two weeks

Two weeks down. Sober and smoke free. I really think I can kick this thing. It's definately not easy though. We move forward.

Anyway, I start doing my teeth work in about a week and a half. I am very excited. I hate my teeth. At least my molars and wisdom teeth. I can't wait to have some pearly whites. I'm not looking forward to the pain though.

Kaiti and I have a tasting party to go to on Saturday at Mt Vernon so we can choose what food we will have at our wedding. It's also a cake tasting, but Hannah is doing the cake, so we'll just amuse them and eat it anyway. I'm very excited for the wedding. I can't wait to see Kaiti in her dress. She is such a knockout. I think since I have started taking myself seriously, I have fallen so much further in love with her because of what I've put her through. She has always been there for me and she is very strong. She's my absolute best friend.

Mom and David get here tomorrow. That will be a nice treat. I haven't seen them in what seems like forever and I can't wait. Maybe they can attend the tasting party.

Jonahs birthday is Thursday. The baby is getting so old. He has grown up alot. If you compared him to how he was a couple of years ago it's like night and day. He's very in love too.

Our lease runs up on March 31st. We know that we want something bigger so the kids can have some space, but we have been kicking around this idea of moving to Georgia next year so we can be closer to Kaitis dad and stepmom. I miss the eastcoast and the ocean and yes, Jersey. This way I'd be closer to the ocean as well. Nothing against you, Momma, I know there's ocean there too, but I am terrified of earthquakes (and traffic). Anyway, back to my point. We don't know if we should just stick it out here and re-sign for one more year or if we should start over in a new place just to move again in a year. Personally, I think if we could just keep this place clean then it's plenty big for the time being. It's a bit crowded, but we would have to pay around $200 more per month for a 3 bedroom. I am sickened by our carpet here also. It literally makes me nauseous walking on it barefoot. It's way past cleaning. I have to go talk to the office about it. I think if they will replace our carpet, then we should stay and save up. Also, they are offering a cruise for two on Carnival if you re-sign a year lease. That would be great. Just as long as we don't end up in the middle of the ocean like those poor football players.
What would y'all do? Stay? Move?

So, I watch alot of YouTube. It's probably my favorite website besides ESPN. I love watching funny videos and music videos especially. There's a few that I really like right now and I decided to share them with you.


ADELE- CHASING PAVEMENTS


I wasn't a big fan of the song on the radio, but when I saw the video, I was amazed. It's very clever. A couple dies in a car accident and relives their relationship from start to finish. I just like it.



SECONDHAND SERENADE- YOUR CALL


I really love the visualization in this. And that line: "I was born to tell you I love you". That's how I feel about Kaiti.

LIFEHOUSE- BROKEN


It's a cool video. Plus, on some show I was watching, the band was talking about the video and they said something that has stuck with me for some reason. They said the main message is- "If you were to die today- what would that mean?" If you think about it, it's pretty deep and it makes me want to live and be a better person.

Anyway, I have to go clean the house. Then I have to go serve 75 seniors who are having a retirement party. Who retires anymore anyway?

6 comments:

Jenna said...

Micah, I think you should stay. You have so much going on in life right now, that maybe some stability without transition would put you in a better spot a year from now, and then you could move.

Don't underestimate what professional carpet cleaners can do, either. They work wonders! Try it. It will make you so happy. I've posted several times about my love of clean carpets.

Congratulations on 2 weeks. I have been praying for you. I am really proud of you.

Sarah said...

I agree with Jenna. We moved here in July and as much as I'd love to try and buy a house when our lease is up this year, the thought of moving again a year later makes me want to sleep. Moving so often is expensive and very time consuming. If you don't feel like you can afford proffesional carpet cleaners to come in right now, I'd recommend renting a rug doctor. They aren't going to clean them as well, but they will make a huge and noticeable difference.

Hannah said...

Hey if you stay, you can use the cruise for your honeymoon!!! Sweet!

YogaNana said...

I want you to stay because ... my family is already too scattered. How's that for selfish? :o)

But aside from that, I agree that if you just really do want to move, give it another year and let life stabilize where you are before you toss in a cross country move.

Oh -- and *we're* planning to retire. I hope to do so early, maybe quite soon. David may do it at 66, which is a year and a half away. And another reason I hope you guys decide to stay is, Denver is on our short list of places to retire to. The snow is a negative. :o)

See you real soon!

Abby said...

Yeah, I would also stay in the place you are now for another year just because of the cruise that can be used for a honeymoon. Have you guys thought about maybe another place in Colorado? Like Golden or something? O wants to end up in Golden when he retires (either that or buying land in like..Wyoming and building our own house)..and I know mom and David will maybe end up there and it's like..stay! Stay!

Or ya know..you could move. Who am I to tell someone to stay in Colorado (even though it's super beautiful and you'll miss it like whoah if you leave it)? I think it's best to weigh out all of the pros and cons of moving to Georgia or staying in Colorado. Jobs and all.


I also adore Adele..she's awesome. And that middle song there..aww that made me all tear up!

Abby said...

PS.. I can totally see you guys dancing to Your Call at your wedding. For sure. Awww..I'm all teary. Dang hormones!