Saturday, October 18, 2008

This is a picture i took on the way home. Now, imagine being right there, about 60 degrees or so, the wind lightly blowing and the leaves tumbling across the street. Man, I love Colorado.

So, today we went to Littleton because they have a HUGE pumpkin patch and fun stuff for kids. It was so cool. I don't know if we just snuck in or not, but there was a $10 cover charge and we paid nothing to get in. That's just fine for me. The kids were so excited, It was me, Kaiti, mari, Kenzee and Mad-Dog.

I don't remember ever going to an actual pumpkin patch. I remember places that had picked pumpkins and all and you just went and picked already picked pumpkins, but this place was an ACTUAL pumpkin patch. It was like cutting down your christmas tree. It was SO fun roaming the farm trying to find a perfect pumpkin.

Kaiti liked this one. Mari ended up getting this one. It had green on it and it was a good shape, but I wasn't sure if it would be orange eventually or just stay green.


The kids wanted to get face-painting done and the girls who did it were pretty amazing. You should have seen some of the stuff they did. Expensive? Yes. But it's so worth it to me to give my children a memorable experience.








A marriage was about to take place and I just loved the atmosphere. It was so great to see all the trees changing color and the barn and the weather. It was just so perfect.





Mad-Dog is a demanding little man and as soon as he saw the horses he looked at me and said, "RIDE-IT". He LOVES horses. They're cool and all, but Madden LOVES them. He's a little cowboy in the making. He wears his cowboy hat and says, "Giddy-up, Partner". He's not even two. He just loves them, so I had to fork out the dough.














Mari is more my child than her mothers' so I take her with us everywhere and she got to ride a pony as well. Her mother is the problem for most of us.

Mad-Dog LOVED these Belgian horses.




They are the cutest this way. When we go through parking lots or whatever, they hold hands. So cute.

Kenzee was too scared, but Madden was a trooper when he got to meet Dora and Boots.












3 comments:

Abby said...

How fun! Pumpkin patches are the greatest, aren't they? Tell me..was it crisp out? I miss crisp October weather.

What a good daddy you are, Micah! Not only to your kids..but Mari needs these kinds of memories too and I'm glad she has someone who can give them to her.

YogaNana said...

Oh, that looks like so much fun! And I'm all kinds of pleased that Madden loves horses -- so do I and I started really small, too.

Mari is really growing up, isn't she? Good to see her out with the rest of the family. :o)

Jenna said...

Looks like a great family day! Pumpkin patches are so cozy. And CO is a gorgeous place to live.